HKS Hipermax IV SP Coilovers 2015-2021 WRX / 2015-2021 STI
This MAX IV SP is the ultimate sport model for such a high-grip radial tire. It will transfer the feelings straight to the driver all kinds of information such as tire, road surface condition and traction. It’s a perfect street/sport model suspension for people who love to drive fast but still want comfort.
The Hipermax IV SP Coilovers eliminate the front damper's thrust feeling at turn-in and give a mild and natural steering feeling.Features:
- Single Tube Damper Design - Mono tube dampers allow for more accurate and stable control and adjustment of dampening. Lower ride height and center of gravity give a more stable ride.
- Dust Boot - Protect the shaft from flying stones.
- PNE Coating - Using this special surface coating provides 5 times better durability over standard galvanizing. This prevents build-up around the threads of the adjustment areas allowing for easier height adjustment.
- M Shaft - With the new design of the cylinder shaft since the HIPERMAX M-1, MAX IV increased the cylinder shaft size to have a firm damping even at a little stroke range by optimizing the oil pressure characteristic. We mainly adopted this to the rear damper that can have a better driving experience.
- Adopted Pillow Ball Upper Mount - For more accurate and sharp steering.
- Spherical Bearings - Make for a comfortable, smooth, and quiet ride
- New Design Needle - Newly designed needle has been used to revise the very low-speed and middle and high-speed dampening which is key to a comfortable ride.
- Reduction of Unsprung Weight - In order to reduce unsprung weight, brackets, ride height adjusters, and lock nuts are made from aluminum. (Not for all vehicles)
- 30-Step Damping Force Adjustment - 30 levels of dampening adjustment allows fine-tuning adjustment for street, circuit winding roads, highways, or the weight of the vehicle.
- Drop Height - Up to 54mm adjustment front / 69mm rear
- Spring Rates - 12K Front / 10K Rear Springs makes for a sporty ride that is not overly stiff
- Helper springs in the front and rear - Provide a tight grasp on the street surface for stable traction and safe braking
- Track Driving: Set Dial at F-10 to 15 and R-15.
- Street driving: Set Dial at F-20 and R-20.