What you'll be doing!
At Subimods we are team of dedicated enthusiasts who work to support our fellow Subaru lovers by supplying high quality aftermarket and replacement parts for their cars.
With that being said you'll be a great fit for this position if you enjoy being a part of solutions that drive customer satisfaction upwards by maintaining relationships with current suppliers, developing and fostering relationships with new suppliers along with taking the lead role in procurement of goods and services required to fulfill customers orders in the most expeditious manner possible. Your day to day efforts will consist of negotiating and managing supplier purchase orders for goods and services, working cooperatively with purchasing team members to ensure swift processing of orders and analyzing large groups of data to solve supply / logistical problems through predictive purchasing.
- Issue purchase orders according to ERP / website demand in the most expeditious manner possible with high accuracy.
- Issue purchase orders for new suppliers based on parallel product sales data and manufacturer supplied data.
- Update item data settings to improve ERP demand
- Review lost sale report and complete necessary actions to avoid procurement shortages, including communication with vendors, production, and the warehouse to find alternative solutions to manage unexpected shortages
- Manage scheduling of open orders based on processing planning modifications and analyze ERP / website demand and adjust orders according to real needs.
- Manage vendor warranty claims
- Qualify new vendor capacities based on set qualifications and review quality metrics with existing vendors to ensure compliance or eliminate underperforming suppliers
- Challenge vendors quotes, drive cost down and report cost reductions to management along with creating strategies that can be maintained and expanded to other suppliers in an effort of controlling costs.
- Utilize complex reports to analyze data, build a strategy, improve purchase leads, etc.
- Update item data settings to improve ERP / website demand
- Maintain clear and efficient communication with internal and external personnel
- Establish standards and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Maintain currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through rapid daily updates via email and phone.
- Working independently and collaboratively to ensure customer needs are met.
- Assisting other buyers in the department with order maintenance (cancellations, updates, fulfillment and other tasks related to managing customer orders.)
- Perform daily supplier account reconciliation.
- Other duties as designated by department manager.
What you'll need?
We at Subimods believe every member of our team should posses a certain drive, a drive that propels you to want to deliver the best result possible for our customers. It is important to note that customers are giving us their hard earned dollars to deliver products and that sometimes things don't go as we planned or wanted. As a customer support representative you have the power to fix that, you have the power to fix the problem, but it starts with you and your drive..
- 3 Years of supply chain - business logistics - purchasing experience
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills with time-sensitive tasks
- Familiarity with G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
What you'll receive?
No matter where your story starts the leadership team at Subimods is dedicated to your professional and personal development. We strive to ensure every team member along with our leadership team embodies our core values.
We offer an ever-growing array of competitive benefits and compensation, including:
- Competitive Pay Structure (Inquire - Full Time - Hourly - Bloomfield, CT)
- Company-Sponsored Insurance: Medical, Dental, Life and Supplemental.
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA Plus Program
- Company-Sponsored Events
- Subsidized Part Purchasing Program
How do I find out more?
You can email your resume and any other details you feel relevant to your application to email@example.com.