HKS Hipermax S Coilovers 2005-2009 Legacy GT
Here, you are looking at the HKS Hipermax S coilovers for the 2005-2009 Legacy.
After 9 years after the launch of the MAXIV GT, the new HIPERMAX S series was born for superior “Driving Comfort" with advanced features in damping force, durability, and appearance.
Going beyond just ride comfort or handling performance, a new standard of "Driving Comfort" aims for comfort in ride but also in the peace of mind generated by handling performance and drivability. An uncompromising balance that delivers on all the demands of street driving.
The new HIPERMAX S series continues to employ the single-tube structure. The advantage of this structure is to be able to provide the gas and oil chamber separately, and then it allows to use of a large diameter piston. As a result, a quality and stable damping force is gained. The Pre-load Valve System, introduced in the previous MAX IV GT 20 Spec, S-Style L, and S-Style C, created a remarkable difference in handling performance.
This has been further refined to introduce “Dual PVS”. High-speed damping is reduced while keeping unnecessary movement to a minimum. The improved shape of the needle expands the oil relief channel. Each step of the 30-step adjustment is now more prominent. Having softer adjustment options gives more options for street driving.
- Dual PVS - HKS Evolved the existing preload valve system to the dual preload valve system to suppress the generation of unnecessary damping force during higher piston speeds. This provides a major improvement in ride comfort without influencing ride performance.
- Wide Range Damping Force Adjustment Needle - The improved shape of the needle jet expands the range of damping force adjustment. This makes it possible to handle a wider range of driving styles and stages.
- Advanced Bump Stop Rubber - Developed which pursues further softness and also shorter variations delivering a wide range of options for a variety of cars delivering a natural and smooth experience.
- PNE coating - Delivers 5x better durability compared to standard galvanizing.
- Low Friction Technology - Achieves even higher durability and lower friction than conventional products. This technology contributes to improved ride quality and handling performance.
- Single Tube Damper Design - The new HIPERMAX S series continues to employ the single tube structure. The advantage of this structure is to be able to provide the gas and oil chamber separately, and then it allows to use of a large diameter piston. As a result, a quality and stable damping force is gained.
- Inverted Shock Absorber (Strut) - Large lateral forces are spread over a larger area increasing rigidity under high loads or with larger wheels. The damper is attached to the body side reducing un-sprung weight for improved handling
- Strengthened Rubber Upper Mounts - Strengthened rubber upper mount is able to absorb small body vibrations whilst tightening up the mount over stock. Revised cross-sectional design and material composition balance comfort and performance
- "Kodawari" of Exterior - Kodawari - is a term in the Japanese language that describes obsession for perfection and attention to detail in devotion to making the best product. Featuring Chamfered upper plates, laser engraved logos, and coated in HKS' PNE Protection, these coilovers will hold up to the test of time.
- Spring Rates - 7K Front / 7K Rear spring rates provide a comfortable yet firm setup, allowing for a very daily driver-friendly level of comfort.
- Ride Height Range - -6mm to -68mm Front / -4mm to -83mm Rear for Sedans and 0 to -62 Front / -1 to -80 Rear on Wagon Models.
- 3-year warranty - Extensive in-house durability testing and development has resulted in an improved correlation between test bench and real road data and in-house manufacturing allows for quality control of all components which provides the necessary evidence to deliver the 3yr warranty with confidence.