Grimmspeed Billet Top Mount Intercooler 2022-2023 WRX / 2019-2023 Ascent / 2020-2023 Legacy XT / 2020-2023 Outback XT and Wilderness
Here, you are looking at the Grimmspeed Billet Top Mount Intercooler for the FA24DIT engine.
When developing the intercooler, GS applied their experience to focus on key factors such as increased airflow, reduced restriction, and higher flow rates, resulting in less pressure drop across the core. After 3D scanning their R&D vehicle, they created a virtual model of the 2022 WRX. Using this data, GS was able to design this intercooler to fit within the constraints of the tightly packaged engine bay.
The new TMIC uses a 19in x 7in x 4in cross-flow core with bar and plate construction, providing a 63% increase in total volume and 209% more flow area than the stock top mount. Even with the added volume, we were able to maintain factory fitment of the charge pipe, throttle body, and hood ducting interface.
When examining the intercooler, it is immediately apparent that the billet aluminum end tanks are the standout feature. Grimmspeed's team made a conscious decision to depart from tradition and experiment with an innovative design approach for this iteration of the intercooler. Feeling that it was important to create a product that was not only functional, but also visually aligned with the sleek and modern aesthetic of the new generation VB WRX body style.
This top-of-the-line intercooler boasts a range of innovative features, including a CnC’d billet aluminum construction and a sleek, stylish design that will complement the look of your vehicle perfectly. Not only does it look great, but it also delivers superior performance, thanks to its advanced cooling features and improved airflow. So, whether you are looking for a functional upgrade to your WRX or simply want to add some extra style to your ride, the GrimmSpeed Billet Top Mount Intercooler is the perfect choice for you. Do not settle for anything less than the best - we want you to upgrade your new Subaru WRX today with the best intercooler in the industry!
Grimmspeed used 4-axis CNC milling technology to ensure that the TMIC is precisely crafted with the utmost care. By utilizing this technology, GS can produce the end tanks with a higher degree of accuracy and consistency than traditional manufacturing methods. Along with this, they were able to streamline the installation process of the billet top mount intercooler by applying the same quick-release double O-ring technology used on the OEM unit, making installation a breeze from start to finish. This ensures the end tanks will not fail or leak over time.
- Billet Aluminum End Tanks – Designed for equal flow distribution and minimum pressure drop
- Pressure Tested In-House – Cleaned, sealed, and guaranteed to work prior to delivery
- Leak Resistant Throttle Body Connection - Pre-installed Double O-Ring ensures a leak free connection at elevated boost levels
- Replacement Chargepipe Coupler Included - Replaces the ugly factory rubber coupler
- No Tune Required – Can safely be run on factory calibration
- Subaru WRX (Base, Limited, Premium, GT) - 2022-2023
- Subaru Ascent (Base, Limited, Touring, Onyx) - 2019-2023
- Subaru Legacy XT (Sport, Touring) - 2020-2023
- Subaru Outback XT (Base, Limited, Touring) - 2020-2023
- Subaru Outback Wilderness - 2021-2023