Verus Engineering Large Hood Louver Kit 2013-2021 BRZ / 2013-2016 FRS / 2017-2021 86
The Verus Engineering Large Hood Louver Kit helps reduce engine bay heat and pressure by evacuating air out from under the hood.
During the design process, we wanted to utilize the OEM hood due to the unit being extremely light already. This resulted in a product that retains the hood's structural skeleton; ensuring the hood keeps its strength and shape after years of use.
This hood louver kit is for the BRZ, FRS, or GT86 owner looking for a purposefully placed, built, and tested louver kit that when paired with an OE hood, weighs less than most carbon hoods.
Optional rain guard kits are also available for owners looking to shield their engine bay components.
Multiple track day enthusiasts were destroying the ignition coils on their car during hot summer track days. These malfunctioning coils are thought to be caused by overheating. Our hood vents dramatically reduce underhood temps and the air around the ignition coils as well. The louvers will also reduce pressure buildup in the engine bay, also known as hood flutter. The side benefit would be a slight increase in front-end downforce. It is highly recommended to use wickers to increase evacuation.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Hood Louver, Small, Right-Hand Side
- Hood Louver, Small, Left-Hand Side
- Wicker, Small, Right-Hand Side
- Wicker, Small, Left-Hand Side
- Cut Template (2)
- Small Verus Vinyl Sticker
- Hardware Kit, Includes All Necessary Hardware for Install
- Retains OEM Hood's Structural Integrity
- Optional Rain Guards
- Reduce Underhood Pressure and Temperature
- Cut-Out Template Included
- Clinch Studs/Nuts Allow Vents to be Easily Removed for Cleaning
- Offered in Black Powdercoat or Raw Aluminum
- Wickers Included in Each Kit
- CFD Optimized Design
- 1.6mm Thick 6061 Aluminum
- CNC Laser Cut
- Available Black Powdercoat for Durability
- Stainless Steel Flush Clinch Studs
- Stainless Serrated Nuts
- Made in the U.S.A.