GrimmSpeed V2 Gesi Catted Divorced Downpipe 2008-2014 WRX / 2008-2015 STI / 2005-2009 Legacy GT MT
The first thing you'll notice is that The GrimmSpeed V2 Downpipe is now a 2-piece design. This not only helps to keep the U.S. welding, manufacturing, packaging, and shipping costs down to keep the end product within a reasonable price range, but it also allows for easier solo-installation of the pipe.
Another major design change is the cast steel collector coming off the turbo and leading into the cat. This not only looks phenomenal cast with the GrimmSpeed logo, but also allows for optimized exhaust flow compared to other aftermarket offerings. We include a 2nd oxygen sensor bung and plug as standard, giving you the option to run an additional sensor/gauge without having to drill and tap the unit.
The inclusion of the GESI Catalytic Converter is one of the major changes for the V2 Downpipe. While retaining the superior flow characteristics of our former high-flow cat, the GESI is a much more robust unit in its ability to clean particulate matter that is part of the combustion process, while retaining all the benefits which are expected from a GrimmSpeed Product. It also gives the flexibility to insert it in a much more preferred and better-operating location, mimicking OEM placement.
In our extensive dyno and on-road testing, Grimmspeed found that the GESI Cat performs identically to the 300 cell-count race cats that they utilized on the V1 downpipes. On top of that, after conducting thousands of miles of road testing running this downpipe with no tuning, GS reports no check-engine lights in their selection of test vehicles.
The idea of upgrading an already-solid product like the GrimmSpeed V1 Downpipe was a massive challenge, but by allowing their Engineering Team to focus meticulously on the details, GS was able to make what we would confidently call the most refined EJ Downpipe on the market.
The Version 2 GESI Downpipe does retain the best qualities of the original: tough 3" 304 stainless steel construction, thick 1/2" flanges and the type of fit and finish that you've come to expect from GrimmSpeed, among all the added benefits we've already covered.
- GESI Catalytic Converter - Comes as standard in all V2 Downpipes
- 304 Stainless Steel Construction - Using the BEST materials in the industry
- Thick 1/2" Flanges - Added durability and longevity
- Cast Steel Collector - Extremely strong with low restriction for optimized flow
- Divorced Collector Design - Prevents turbulence and allows for SUPERIOR boost control over OE and aftermarket bellmouth
- 2-Piece Design - Makes for much easier solo installation
- 2nd O2 Bung - Allows for optional use of aftermarket sensors
- Gaskets and Hardware Included - Everything you need for an easy install (will require 3"-to-OEM Exhaust Adapter to run on factory catback)
- 2005-09 Subaru Legacy GT/ Outback XT (5MT)
- 2008-14 Subaru WRX
- 2008+ Subaru STI
Note for WRX/FXT TD04 and LGT/OBXT VF40/46 Turbos: The wastegate divider tab may require modification in order to allow the internal wastegate to function properly